Monday, March 1, 2010

Friday's Adventure

Here's the group that I snowshoed with on Friday: from left Danielle, JoLynn, Janet, Nan and me.  We started out planning to go every other week, because many of the group have to rent snowshoes every time. But some of us are such die hards that we have been going every Friday.  I rented or borrowed for the first five or so hikes, and then bought my own snowshoes when I found them at a good discount.  It has been fun owning my own.  At the beginning of the winter I didn't even know what snowshoes looked like, and so I planned to rent for awhile and figure out what would be best.  The more we went, the more I liked it.  I figure it will take nine hikes to make them pay for themselves, so I'm about a third of the way there.  I wonder if we'll have snowy weather long enough to make them pay this season?  If not, there will be next winter.  Enjoy the views!

1 comment:

Nan said...

Fun as always although the views were even better than usual. We'll have to make sure you get your money's worth on those snow shoes:-)