Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

All my life I've loved St. Patrick's Day.  It could be that I'm one-eighth Irish, having a great-grandmother, Mary Ann Delaney who was full Irish.  I love singing Irish songs.  My dad sang "Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral" to me as a baby.  But, it also could be because St. Patrick's Day comes the day after my birthday. 


I never forget that St. Patrick's Day is coming in the morning following my birthday, and so I always wear something green to bed at night.  That way, I can pinch Bryce first thing in the morning before he's even half awake!  Most of our marriage, I've been the winner there, but the last few years he's finally started catching on.  One year he got a green permanent marker and colored one toenail the night before.


Well, last night I thought I had him.  He didn't have any green on when we went to sleep, and of course I had a green nightgown.  But at 6:00 this morning, before the alarm went off and before I woke up, he sneaked out of bed, went to my office and found a green pen, then drew a green smiley face on his stomach. 


Gosh and Begorra, a Happy St. Pat's to you all!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I think about you every St. Patrick's Day since we had dinner at your house for the Relief Society Birthday one year. That was the best Corned Beef I have EVER had. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!