Friday, March 19, 2010

No Snowshoes today.

The title may lead you to believe that I didn't go hiking today - but I did, just not with snowshoes.  We went up Green Canyon, which is groomed for cross country skiing.  The trail was dry in places and the snow was easy to walk on, so we left our snowshoes in the car.  There were only three of us today - lots of other things going on with the rest of the group.  We called ourselves the "diehards."  It was a beautiful day, and after we got back, we got a little snowstorm.  I'm so grateful to have good friends to hike with.  It is such an important part of my week!


We were a small group today - JoLynn, Nancy and Laurie.  This is a cool cave that is open at the top.

And don't you love that rocky peak?

1 comment:

JoLynn said...

I loved walking the distance on this adventure. I would love to do that everyday! It felt good to put that many miles in my day. Of course the company was great too :)