I've given up correcting Bryce over the name he calls my little garden in the furnace room. He likes to tease me and call it my "pot garden" because after all, everything is growing in pots (although I could fight him on that because of the Aerogarden). Anyway, see that nice bowl of greens I just cut? It is lettuce, mesclun and spinach. And, I was about to cut the basil on the bottom shelf. After I did, we had a tasty batch of pesto for dinner. Yummy! And, in the Aerogarden are seven varieties of basil. It's just getting started. Soon I'll be planting little tomato and pepper plants for the garden.
One thing you can't see is that I had the plumber put in a water spigot (from the hard water line) and I have a spiral garden hose with a sprayer on it to water my plants. The light stand is from Gardener's Supply and I've been using it for about six years. I bought the table top model first and then added the floor model and put the table top one on top. I replaced the light bulbs last month. They weren't burned out, but were getting dark on the ends. So far this time I haven't had too much bug trouble. With the door closed, the furnace room is nice and warm. My plants seem to be very happy, and so am I when I eat them!

4 comments:
I'm glad you've accepted Dad's name for your garden. ;)
That is awesome! I've never even thought of gardening indoors during the winter!
What a great post. I love it! I hope I can find some space for planting pots. Maybe you can help me with that when you come :)
I love your pot garden. Good for you!
Post a Comment