Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Month of Gratitude, Day 6: Walking with my parents

Each Monday and Wednesday morning, unless I'm out of town or there is a big storm, I head out early in the morning on foot, and after about a mile, I meet up with my parents.  We walk together for another mile or so and then my dad heads off another direction while my mom and I continue to our exercise class which is held at a nearby church.  I love this time that we have to chat and catch up.  I am grateful to be living near enough that I get to visit with them often.  This is a blessing I never expected to have during the years we lived far away and I'm grateful for it.  We also live near Bryce's Dad, and walk past his house on our little jaunt.  I always wave at the house when we pass by.  Sometimes Dad or Diane sees me, and other times they don't, but it's a great blessing to know that we are that close.

No comments: