Monday, November 18, 2013

Month of Gratitude Day 18: Morning walks

When we bought our house, one of the selling features for me was the access to a most wonderful walking trail.  The views from this trail are gorgeous, especially in the morning as the Wellsville mountains catch the first rays of morning sunshine and turn pink and blue.  This morning they were especially beautiful.



My walk takes me along the foothills of another mountain range and as I walked, I met up with two small herds of deer (ten total) who were heading back up the mountain above me.  There was a buck with four does and later another group of five.  They probably had just been eating my bushes, but this morning in their beauty, I forgave them.



I'm grateful for the beautiful place I live in and the opportunity I have to get out and walk, especially in the morning.



No comments: