Sunday, November 17, 2013
Month of Gratitude Day 17: Children
I am so very blessed to be a Primary teacher in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I teach five nine year olds, three boys and one girl. Today was our Sacrament meeting presentation which means that after the Sacrament was passed to the congregation, the remainder of the meeting was presented by the children. They gave little talks and sang songs. I sat on the stand with them and my five were more reverent and watchful than I have ever seen them. It was delightful to hear their voices as they sang the songs and bore their testimonies. The spirit was very strong, and as they sang "I know that my Savior Loves me," I knew that they really did know. I echo their words, testifying that they are true: "I know He lives, I will follow faithfully. My heart I give to him; I know that my Savior loves me." The power of the Holy Spirit is manifest in sacred music sung by little children. What a great blessing it is to sing with them every week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment