Sunday, November 3, 2013

Month of Gratitude Day 3 Black roads

First off, the reader needs to understand that my month of gratitude posts are not in any particular order.  I'm choosing the thing that is on my mind at the time I post.  That said, when we woke up this morning (an hour later because of the time change, hooray!) I pulled down the blind to see a white world where yesterday we had autumn.  Whenever we wake up to new snow, the first thing I do is worry that the road will be too slick for us to get where we need to go.  This morning, it was Bryce heading off to a 7:30 Priesthood leadership meeting and I could see myself out shoveling the driveway while he took a shower and got ready to go.  Thankfully, this morning the roads were still black and just wet and he was able to get up the hill without any trouble.  I took these photos about an hour after he left.  Whoever invented asphalt - black, holds heat, melts snow, thank you.  Today I'm grateful for black roads.



No comments: