I love spring rain, especially when it soaks gently all day and doesn't put mud on my windows. It rained all day yesterday, giving me a day to work on much needed in the house projects. Oh sure, I really need to be in my garden, but I was Monday and will be again later in the week when the rain is gone.
I'm also glad today for deer resistant plants, especially daffodils. Did you know that tulips are candy to deer; but that daffodils have a bitter taste and they won't even take a bite? Our house is the appetizer and dessert spot in a herd of deer's progressive dinner. They have eaten the bottom of my crab apple tree, nibbled the new growth on my roses, and even gone after the bleeding heart and the Columbine. This is not normal! I'm surprised that they left the rhubarb alone. But, my gorgeous daffodils have held their golden heads high and made the garden shine. I've already ordered some later blooming varieties for next year including some that are PINK! Can't wait to see them.
![]() |
| At least the deer left the top of the tree. Poor thing. |
(Wonderful Wednesday?)

1 comment:
The Whiz of Wednesday?
Wednesday's Wonderfuls?
Something like that. Darn deer... yay for daffodils!
Post a Comment