Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Something Super, Terrific, Wonderful, YOU name it.

My daughter Lisa made a great suggestion on her blog that I've been wanting to add to mine.  She calls it "Something Super Saturday" and she tries to write about something that was good in her week. Read about it here.  I really like this idea.  I think it's really important to be grateful, and it would be really good for me to be thinking about that all the time, which would happen if I was always thinking about something to blog about.  I want to share about things I'm grateful for, that made me happy or just made my week better.  I usually blog about hikes on Friday, and don't want to squish two posts back to back, so I've been trying to figure out a different alliteration or a different name for my "something super" post.  Tuesday or Wednesday seem to be good days to post about this since they won't come right on the heels of Friday.  So how about "Tuesday's Terrific Things" , "Wednesday's Wonders" ??  I can't decide.  Any opinions? Any ideas?   

This week I'm grateful for good friends.  I moved from one city to another when I was in Junior High - probably the most difficult time for a girl to move.  It was very difficult to make friends in my new home.  I was pretty lonely for awhile until a wonderful girl named Sandy took me into her group.  Sandy died when we were both 19 and I still think of her every year on the date of her birth and death which are the same day.  Bryce has been, and and always will be my very best friend.  He has been there with me through thick and thin and through highs and lows.  I can always count on him to be there for me. He makes me happy, and I'm looking forward to the eternities with him.  But, a girl (woman) needs girlfriends too.  There have been friends along the way, some of them very dear.  But I have never been involved in a group of friends who regularly "hang out" together like I am now with my hiking buddies.  We are silly together, we can laugh and talk about personal things.  I love my chances to be with them.  This week I'm grateful to have been able to go to Women's Conference with them.  Thanks ladies!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your post! It doesn't matter at all what day you post it, I just like to see what you post.

Eric said...

How about "Thursday Thunder!"

Granny D Fifield said...

I'm with Lisa. I enjoy your posts a lot.

Happy Mothers Day Laurie. You are a wonderful Mom, great friend and a person that seems to know how to make the very best out of each day.