Thursday, May 6, 2010

Moving Day

Sara and Eric are off to other places this summer.  Sara will be doing an internship and Eric has a summer job.  So yesterday was moving day.  (Everything into storage.)  (We borrowed Grandpa's wonderful trailer, and the two of them, a former roommate of Eric's, and I (driving Gus, pulling the trailer) did the move.  It took two trips.  I didn't take a picture of Sven (Eric's Volvo Station wagon) all full as well.  The biggest thing to move was their queen bed complete with pillow top mattress, box springs and the frame that Bryce and I built for them.

 Here's where we carried their stuff, out the door and up the stairs.  I'm grateful that we didn't have ice on the steps like we did when they moved in.   Below is Gus getting loaded.  And no, I didn't manage to back that trailer into the very narrow driveway.  I had to have help.  The first time Sara and Eric picked it up whenever it started going the wrong way.  The second time, Eric's friend Colby just unhitched it and dragged it up there.  You can't see that there is a steep hill at the bottom of the driveway.
Notice that I had to climb out the passenger side?  This is a very tight driveway. 
The best part of moving is that for a few days we get some house guests.  But they'll soon be off to new adventures.


No comments: