Saturday, May 1, 2010

Women's Conference, and of course a hike!

Women's Conference at BYU.  Imagine 15,000 women all in one place.  Pretty astounding, and the fact that they are all here to strengthen testimonies and learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, now that's downright Jaw-dropping.
Nine of us went to Women's Conference this weekend, and seven were brave (or foolish) enough to hike to the Y on the mountain.  We braved the cold, wind and even a little snow to go up.  In this picture we took of our jackets to display our Likin' Hikin' Shirts, but believe me, we were glad to get them back on. 
And of course, we had to show our Aggie Pride, in spite of being on the symbol of that "other" school to the south.  All in fun! 
View from the trail, and you can see the backs of our shirts.

Storm clouds over the lake. 
And me at the top of the Y, which is 380 feet tall.
I have to admit, I admire the people at BYU for the amazing job they do putting on such a huge event as Women's Conference.  The only part I didn't like was the crowds.

3 comments:

Cheesecake Momma said...

I was wondering if anyone I knew was going to be heading to Provo for Women's Conference! I hope you had a great time! I pretty much avoid the Wilkinson center at all costs during this time -- too many women wanting brownies. I stay safe in the library at work ;-) My hubby cleaned the parking lots just for you ladies this weekend too! :-)

Nan said...

I had so much fun with my friend, Laurie. I keep smiling when I think of all the fun we had. I cry, too, when I think of some of the tender things I learned.

Lisa said...

That's pretty impressive. I'm glad you've got such a great group of friends.