Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hummingbirds

The first week that we were in our house, before the furniture came, Sara and Lisa and I were at Shopko. They had fuschia plants on clearance and, knowing I had this wonderful pergola over my deck, I brought two home. It wasn't half an hour after I hung them up that a hummingbird came flitting by to check them out. The next day, we went shopping again and brought home a hummingbird feeder. Now we have a regular parade of hummers. This video is just a few minutes this morning. I've seen as many as five at a time competing for the feeder. They do sip a little at the fuschias also, but they much prefer the feeder. The best part of this movie is at the end. Of course it's much better in person.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow! So many in one place! Hopefully they don't start dive bombing your heads ;) "Rambo Hummer!"

We have a tree by our fence that hummingbirds like to perch on. They come hang out for a minute or two then flit off. Very fun to watch.

The Schooley's said...

What a nice thing to have around the house.