Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ah, organization!

Anyone who knows me very well, my kids especially, know that disorganization drives me crazy! My wonderful mom and stepmom-in-law Diane helped me on moving day to unload all the food and get it stuffed into our huge pantry. The pantry is nice and big, but the shelves were all really far apart. We had to stack things on other things and just basically shove it all in there. Bryce has had many projects to do, and I'm sure he'd have rather built shelves for his garage or painted his library downstairs, but when I told him the pantry was my priority, he spent a couple of nights this week helping me add shelves. Sara and I emptied it all out yesterday, last night we installed the shelves, and this morning I put everything back in. I spent big bucks at Bed Bath and Beyond on some fabulous turntables, and now I know where everything is, and I can reach almost everything! Not only that, if I go to the grocery store, I'll have a place to put the food. I have to admit, I have to go in, open the door and just stand there and bask every now and then. It just feels so good. Thanks Bryce!





5 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, Mom!! It looks great! I wish I had that much room to organize in my kitchen ;)

Sue said...

AWESOME! I love, love, love it!

When Bryce has some extra spare time send him out to Aurora, pretty please?

The Schooley's said...

So, I was just wondering, when are you coming to organize my stash?? Grin.

Lisa said...

Those turn tables look fabulous, and I hope someday to have a pantry as big and organized as that. It makes cooking (and living) so much fun! I know my husband might not agree. That's why I'm your daughter. :)

Nikki said...

I love to look at organized pantries. There's something so refreshing about opening a cupboard or closet of something recently organized and just taking it all in. You did an excellent job.