This week I'm reveling in normalcy. Bryce went to work, and so did Sara. I went to the grocery store and said to myself, "this is my grocery store now." I loaded the dishwasher, cooked a meal in the kitchen, and did laundry. It has been over a month now since we moved, and we're finally beginning to lose that feeling that we'll be packing and returning in a few days. Bryce and I have been talking about how much we feel like this is just a vacation and soon we'll be driving 1,000 miles back to North Dakota. Since we've done that from Logan more than 25 times in the past 12 years, I guess that's not surprising. Then, being gone to California and the cruise for the last ten days made it feel even more like we are just on vacation.
There is much to do, many more boxes to unpack, (where will it all go?) a yard to put in, a basement to finish; I have to keep telling myself to enjoy the process.
While we were gone, we received a wonderful gift. Lisa and Cody and Sara primed the walls and ceilings in the new rooms downstairs. That was a great surprise. See Lisa's blog about that here.
2 comments:
Well welcome to Logan! I guess I'm a little off since I'm from Hyrum, and technically don't even live there anymore, but I definitely love Cache Valley, and I know you guys already do. My mom's in Chicago right now, but maybe when she's home I"ll come visit and see you guys around!
What a nice surprise to come ohome to. Welcome back. I think I am thinking you are on vacation and will walk through the chapel doors every Sunday. Sigh. Glad things are coming along. I know everything will be fabulous when it is finished!!
Post a Comment