Wednesday, June 16, 2010

WW: Perennials

I love flowers in my yard, and especially when they come up and bloom without a lot of help from me.   That's why I love perennials.  I love bulbs, and this fall I'm planning to plant a whole bunch more daffodils.  Deer don't like daffodils.  Did you know you can get pink ones?  Lisa gave me some Columbine this year.   After I planted it, the deer came and munched it.  But, the deer are up in the mountains now and the Columbine is blooming! 

This is the first Columbine to open a blossom.  Lisa and I were wondering what color they'd turn out to be. 
Last year I planted a couple of poppies.  They didn't do much because they went into the ground a little late in the spring.  But this year they're up and blooming!


I'm grateful for flowers in my garden.



This is a weekly post of something I'm grateful for this week.  I call it "Wonderful Wednesday."

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad your columbine is blooming. I have some purple ones in my front yard, but I think those are staying put for a while. :) Beautiful poppies too!

Granny D Fifield said...

We are kindred spirits in many ways. There is nothing quite as joyful as flowers blossoming after a hard winter.