Wednesday, June 9, 2010

WW: Aqua Domes

See this happy tomato in its warm little house?
Three Aqua Domes at work keeping my tomatoes warm.

If you read my last WW post, I mentioned Uncle Lyle and Aunt Donna Mae's business with the Winged Weeders.  This is another thing they used to sell, but is now produced by a different company. I was lucky enough to be given one to test.  I'm still using it.
I am a gardener, and of course tomatoes and peppers are at the top of my list of things to grow.  We gardened eleven summers in North Dakota and are now gardening in another cold spring climate so tomatoes and peppers need protection.  I've been using Aqua-Domes now for about 14 years and really love them.  You've heard about those double walled plastic protectors that you can buy in packs of three for your garden.  They're good, but hard to fill, they topple over, and they get holes punched in them.  They don't last very long.  Aqua Domes are the same idea, but hard plastic and MUCH more long lasting.  Just fill them at the hose, carry them to where you want them and place them over your plants.  When the weather is warm, just lift them off, pour out the water and store for next year.  I have two very old ones and four newer ones (two brand new this year.) 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I say anything that lasts that long, that is that effective, is definitely awesome!