Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WW: The men in my life

I'm grateful today for the men in my life.  I've been thinking about this since Sunday.

The first man I loved was my dad.  I love you Dad!  I'm grateful that you were always there for me.  I'll always remember the time that I got to go with you to Logan. I was a little carsick on the way and we stopped for Root Beer floats.  I felt really important that day because I was the only one of my seven siblings to be chosen to go.  We worked that day at the plumbing supply and then I got to go with you to perform a wedding that evening.  Thanks for being my dad.

Bryce is out of town the next few days.  He left ten hours ago and I miss him already.  Bryce, how can I describe how important you are to me?  Well, just suffice it to say that I'm sitting here blubbering thinking about you.  I love you more than life.  Thanks for always being there for me.

I have a wonderful son Matthew and three amazing sons in law, Doug, Cody and Eric, who love their wives and are doing their best to be really great dads (yes, that includes Eric who isn't a father yet.)  Thank you for the way you care for your family and are respectful and gracious to me.

And, I have to remember the little men in my life too.  Lee, Axton and Ben. You're so much fun and I love you.

1 comment:

Nan said...

Gotta love those men.