Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snowshoe adventure

I tell you what, I have a wonderful group of friends, who do the best things!  Friday the "Likin' Hikin'" ladies took a cold weather adventure.  We went snowshoeing on the Limber Pine Trail. 

It's a very flat, short trail, so there wasn't a lot of work involved, but most of us were on snowshoes for the first time.  Amazingly, there were eleven of us! 


It was very cold in town when we headed up the canyon, well below zero.  But that's a common thing here, the cold air gets trapped (along with smog) in the valley and when you get above the cold air, it's quite pleasant. 

It was incredibly beautiful up in the mountains.  I thought spring and summer were beautiful, but I'm learning how wonderful winter can be.   Thanks good friends, for getting me out and doing things I've never done before!  And I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for a beautiful world.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Awesome! I think there must be something about snowshoeing that helps you see how absolutely beautiful the world is - I had the same experience on my short snow shoe outing. What gorgeous pictures!

Nan said...

You did get some good pictures! I get a smile on my face whenever I think back to Friday. Thanks, friend.

JoLynn said...

Everything Nan said!! And looking forward to more :)