My hiking friends and I had another adventure today on snowshoes. We went back to the temple sawmill trail. The road into the trail was filled with snow and the gate closed, so we walked about a quarter mile from the car to the road and then snowshoed about a mile to the trailhead. We went on the trail a little way, but breaking trail in the snow is hard and slow, so we didn't get all the way to the Sawmill. But, what fun we had! We were sweating in all of our gear in spite of snow falling on us, hence the plastered down hair.
And, it was so beautiful! I've done this trail now in Spring, Fall and Winter.
Meet Harry the snowman, complete with sticks for arms and our snacks to make his face. I have to admit, I did more picture taking than snowman building.
2 comments:
jealous! Looks like so much fun!
We had snow, wind, sunshine and tons of fun. I sure enjoy having adventures with you.
Post a Comment