Monday, January 18, 2010

Another adventure




Bryce had the day off work today, so we went on an adventure.  I took him on snowshoes back to the Limber Pine trail that I went on with my hiking buddies.  It snowed a bit earlier this morning, but just a few flakes fell as we were out, and it was much warmer and clearer up on the mountain with the inversion and smog below us.  I wish it would snow more!

Cool tree, huh?  The nature guide sign said that it probably got bent over when it was young, then grew up again.  It made a nice chair.


Gorgeous, huh?  And the trees were beautiful too.  :)


The reward at the end of the trail is a glimpse of Bear Lake.  This time it wasn't covered with clouds.

3 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

What a beautiful experience! Top of the world.

JoLynn said...

I love that tree! Why didn't we see that? It looks like you two had a great time. Good for you!!

Nan said...

What a beautiful view of Bear Lake. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. There is always beauty to be found.