Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sara's Big Day

Trying hard not to be prideful, I have to say that I am proud of my daughter Sara! She took on the chairmanship of a huge event this year, the Relay for Life (American Cancer Society) at USU. Last night and through the night to this morning, the relay was held on campus at the Field House. Sara sent me a text this morning saying that they had raised over $9300.00 to battle cancer. We were able to participate at the Survivor's reception (with my parents as well) and walk the survivor's lap. Lisa and kids came and played and we stayed awhile and enjoyed the activities going on at the relay. I'm sure Sara is sound asleep right now, trying to recover, but she should sleep well knowing that she did a great job. Here's some pictures of the event.

This was so great it got on several blogs. You can read Sara's post here, and Lisa's post here.

The survivor's lap - we felt like rock stars!


And after the survivor's lap - everyone takes a walk around the track.
Alisa, Lisa and Lee in their shirts.

Anna's first sucker. Grandpa had to teach her how to hold it, and she loved it!
Lee is running the wrong direction (above) and loved playing basketball (below). These two pictures show a little of what was going on in the field house. The teams set up areas with activities for the evening. The basketball hoop was part of the Athletic team's area. They even brought Big Blue along, dressed Hawaiian.

Mom and Sara. Purple is survivors, blue is committee, white is everyone else.

They sold luminaries for $1.00 and lit them that night with electric candles (since it was inside.) I wasn't there for the luminaries. Hopefully Sara got some good pictures.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Not very often that we post about the same thing. It must of been so touching, it inspired us both to post. We had a great time, and thanks again for helping me with the kids. I know Lee and Annalisa had a blast.

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Wow! That looks like a great event! Sara did a great job- I'm glad you were able to participate!