Sunday, March 8, 2009

A new calling

When we came here, I was worried that we wouldn't be needed. I went three months without a calling. Finally I was made ward choir director. Today, after serving in that position only six months, I was released for a new calling.

Relief Society President

Last Sunday, the bishop called Bryce and I to come in. We thought it might be ward music chairman or a teacher in the Young Women. Boy, were we wrong! I think my jaw hit the floor when he told me. Bryce says we need to repent because we didn't see that one coming. I should have been terrified when he asked us about the callings we had in the past, but I still didn't know it was me that he was going to call. But, I'm grateful that the Lord doesn't choose the qualified, but qualifies whom He calls. Today I was sustained and set apart along with three wonderful women whom I don't really know very well, but I know the Lord wanted to have serve with me, and will become fast friends. It will be an amazing experience.

5 comments:

Lynea said...

Best of luck in your new calling! You will get to know everyone in your ward really well now.
You have so many great experiences to draw from, I'm sure you are better prepared than you feel you are.

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Congratulations on your calling as RS President. A similar thing happened to me a few weeks or a couple of months after we moved to Colorado, only I was called as a counselor; then, just as they were dividing and rearranging stakes and wards, I was called as RS President - I was really surprised!
Sorry again that we missed the NoDak reunion. It looks like the only ones we knew were the Archers and the Martins. Don wasn't even sure who you guys are - he would probably recognize you, though.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that I gave you an award! Come check it out!

The Schooley's said...

YOu are going to be SUPER at this calling. You are so amazing!! The best of luck!!

Nikki said...

I can't imagine anyone better for the calling! You will do great things. :)