Thursday, March 19, 2009

Beautiful things

I've enjoyed some beautiful things lately that I wanted to share.

Malarky the meadowlark is back! He's been singing to me each morning, along with another friend off a bit further. This morning he was back at his perch on the roof of the house. The picture isn't great, but the little black dot right on the peak (not the roof vents sticking up) is Malarky. He's on the highest peak on the right side. He sings so beautifully.


Before and after

I've loved this Kent Wallis print called "Winter Woods" for nearly 20 years, but it has faded and doesn't match my new room. Amazingly, Kent Wallis is now my Stake President. Yesterday, I went to his studio and replaced the print with a new one entitled "Lane in the Gully" which I love in my music room. What's more, it was free! When they sell a painting, they are given fifty artist prints that are supposed to be given away, not sold. So, if I want another Kent Wallis sometime, I can go and get one. Notice that I used the frame again. Oh, and one more thing in this room - the piano tuner finally came yesterday and fixed the sticking keys and tuned the piano. So the piano is a beautiful thing too.

And, look at my Christmas cactus! It's been blooming again. It bloomed for Christmas, quit right on New Year's Day and dropped off a few buds that never opened. I figured it was done for a year. Now here it's blooming again, and even better than before.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely!

What a lovely post. I love your new print. It suits your new home and your new room and your new comfy furniture (perfect for curling up with a good book I think). And I am so jealous of that Christmas Cactus. I don't think I've even seen one that happy at the florist shop!

Enjoy your meadowlark - too cute that you've named him. I love hearing the birds sing because once the Cardinal and Robin start singing their song I know SPRING is right around the corner.

Tynel Jarnagin said...

I love the new print! It looks beautiful. And your Christmas cactus reminds me of my parents home in UT... I miss being closer to family.

Laurie HF said...

We have heard three Meadowlarks now. Malarky sits on top of our house. Spike and Whistler's brother have their own territory nearby. We know that they are all males because they sing to attract a mate and mark their territory. So, right now they're busy trying to increase the population!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous, Mom!