Monday, February 23, 2009

A surprise for Bryce

I called the carpet store last week, and was told that they would call me at the first of this week and see if maybe they could get in sometime to lay the carpet in the library. This morning as I was heading out to a doctor appointment, I opened the garage and into the driveway came a pickup truck with two guys ready to lay carpet. I'm glad I hadn't left a few minutes earlier. So, Bryce will be surprised when he gets home tonight! He spent Saturday emptying boxes of books and moving some from other parts of the house. It's looking so great! We'll move his furniture in when he gets home and his room will be done.

It's a gorgeous room, and just what Bryce has wanted for years. There were several years when he put his desk down by the furnace and water heaters, just so he could have a place of his own. When the kids began moving out, he still had to wait because the girls wanted their own rooms. He moved from one room to another, and the last few years in Minot he finally had a study. But this time, this room was built just for him. It has lots of space for his books, and will be a great space for him.

I'll add a picture here of him at his desk when he gets home.








7 comments:

Lisa said...

What a terrific surprise! I'm so glad they could come today. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Well worth the hours and hours we spent working on it.

Jenifer said...

It's a beautiful room. Ya'll did a fabulous job. Color me jealous. :)

Lynea said...

How exciting. I can't wait to see it in person. Good job guys.

Kathy said...

Fabulous! I hope there is a ham radio hook up in there!

Tynel Jarnagin said...

I love new carpet! I hope Bryce loved the surprise! That room is beautiful- love the bookshelves!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! You know what, I remember the basement in Minot. I thought it was cool... 'cause it was like a secret lair... like a superhero! But, then again, I was a kid... Having a nice study like this one you've created beats a secret basement lair any day!

Hooray!!!!

Nikki said...

Wow! Great job! I think I'd like to move in now. ;)