I'm BORED! I'm also antsy, anxious, fidgety, and I wish that the truck was here now. But, we're finished with all we can do until that truck arrives tomorrow. We've been working so hard and so well that we are actually a day ahead of schedule.
Last night we decided that since we were doing so well, we'd take some time today to go to the zoo. Bryce has never been to the zoo here. But our fasting and prayers for rain were answered in full and the rain has been pouring all day. We have a lake in the backyard (it's draining nicely though) and I can hear the rain trickling into the sump hole. It has been coming down hard all day, not just a little gully washer. Besides the rain, it's been cold. It's 46 degrees right now at 4:00 in the afternoon. We had planned to go out for lunch, but decided to cook up the last meal we had planned here, microwave chicken pot pies.
Yesterday we called the movers to find out what their schedule would be for packing the last few things for us. They were scheduled to spend the day here today. When we told them what there was to do, They sent their guys yesterday afternoon and finished everything up in about two hours. It was mainly very large breakable objects like framed pictures and clocks and lamps.
When we talked to the movers yesterday, they couldn't tell us for sure when the truck was coming, so we haven't heard that, but we're ready for it to arrive. We had planned to stay overnight tonight and tomorrow in a motel, and had a reservation, but now we'll stay here tonight because the mattress boxes are in the garage and they said the guys on the truck would box them up tomorrow, that it wouldn't take much time.
We've had wonderful friends taking care of us. We had dinner with Steve and Stephanie and Lena on Monday night, enabling us to pack the kitchen on Monday. Tuesday night we ate with the J's family, and this morning Candace, Kari, and Brook came to help us clean. We actually watched a movie this afternoon - "We Are Marsall" which none of us had seen. It was a great movie, but I had a hard time just sitting still.
And yes, we did do some work today. When the J's were here, we cleaned out kitchen cabinets, dusted doors and door frames, and cleaned the downstairs bathroom. Bryce finished packing up his tools. We got the snowblower and lawn mower ready to move, draining out the oil and gas, and I scrubbed the kitchen and laundry sinks. There is more to clean, but we can't do it with the furniture here and all the boxes piled up. I did some suitcase packing, and soon I'll be packing up the computer. In fact, I think I'll go ahead and pack up the last printer and the peripherals that we don't need. That will help me feel better. I just hate to give up the computer!
So bored . . . let's get this thing done!
1 comment:
Its so sad to see your family go but so exciting to see you join the rest of the fam! Good luck on your adventures! It will be great to stay in touch through the blogging world!
Post a Comment