Thursday, June 19, 2008

An update

Sorry, no pictures yet, but I thought I'd update anyway. We have a house! We signed the papers Monday and got to work preparing things for the move in. We put an epoxy coating on the floor, anxious to give it plenty of time to cure. We've been cleaning, and preparing, and running lots of errands. We have phone, Internet, electricity, garbage cans, and gas. We even bought a new barbecue grill and put it together (thanks Matthew). We've been enjoying our kids and grandsons.

Then, we got word from the Allied people that our truck won't come until next week. We're OK though, we have beds at my mom and dad's house, we got some living room furniture yesterday (bought it new) and my folks loaned us a kitchen table and some folding chairs. There's lots to do, so we're keeping busy. When that truck comes, we'll be ready for it. I do have my computer up and running - on a card table. It's a bit like camping, but better.

2 comments:

Sue said...

How fun to get new furniture for a new house! Where did you buy it? Was it delivered already? I'm excited to see pictures. We will be out in August again and I hope we have a day or two to visit Logan so we can come and see you all settled in.

Laurie HF said...

We bought four leather pieces from Edwards Furniture in Providence - a couch, love seat, chair and ottoman. They are semi sweet chocolate chip brown. Hopefully I'll have some time to work on this soon.