




I have been so busy that I haven't been able to keep up with some of the things we've been doing. On the first night that we owned the house, we started this garage floor epoxy job. We had to "etch" the concrete first with an acid powder that we mixed in water, sprinkled on the floor with a watering can, brushed in and then hosed off. We let that dry overnight. Tuesday morning we applied this epoxy floor. You mix the epoxy can into the larger can and then wait a bit. You then apply it to the floor with a roller and sprinkle on the flakes. You work in four foot by four foot squares because the epoxy starts setting up quickly and anything bigger would be too hard to get the sprinkles on evenly. I don't have a picture of the whole thing done, but you can see the difference here.
We were actually kind of glad that the truck was slow in arriving because the floor had a week to cure, just what they recommend before driving onto it. We think it's the neatest house project we've ever done. It really looks fabulous. Too bad now it's covered with boxes and things.
3 comments:
You are still my hero!! It looks fantastic!! How fun. Love it!
Great idea! We love having the floor sealed in the basement. It makes it so much easier to keep clean and just feels cleaner too. You are lucky that you got to do it in a well-ventilated area because when my sister and I sealed the basement floor we got just a little high from the fumes.
It sounds like things are coming along great! Moving always takes a lot of work but its worth taking the time and doing it right in the end I've found!
Post a Comment