Friday, June 27, 2008

My inheritance



Today Bryce and I bought a new piano. This is more than just a purchase. When it arrived and the movers left, I got all teary eyed and Bryce and I hugged each other for a few minutes. We've had a big old piano in our home for many years. It has been the heart and soul of our home. We've sung together in many different settings, I taught all of our children piano lessons, we've even called our children to prayer by playing a tune on the piano. Now that big old piano belongs to Lisa and it was time for me to get a new one to match my new house. Bryce and I went shopping for pianos back in May, before we were even ready to move. I had a really good feeling about the Sohmer & Co. upright, but wasn't certain. We budgeted some money for the purchase from the sale of our home. It's a long story, but the money is actually from an inheritance from my grandfather (I used the inheritance as earnest money, and we're transferring it.) Yesterday I took my mom and sisters to the piano store to help me shop, and I tried them out again. I just had a soft spot in my heart for the Sohmer. Today, Lisa, Lee, Sara, Bryce and I went one more time. Lisa played the piano, and we ordered it up. They had it in my music room in about an hour from the time we paid for it. Bryce bought himself an adult lesson book. We've both been playing it today. I'm sure Sara will also take a turn.


You can see in the pictures that I have my computer in the music room also. They'll have to share until Sara moves to her apartment.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, Mom -- it's gorgeous! I can't wait to come and play "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet" and "The Entertainer" on it! Granddad Lawrence would feel it's very appropriate. :)

Love ya!

Laurie HF said...

How funny, we were talking about that at the store before it came home with us. Sara played "The Entertainer" and we told the salesman that you always did that plus "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet" together.