Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WW: Fixed!

I have a Hoover Floormate hard floor cleaner.  I LOVE it!  I've had it for quite a few years now.  You put water in the top tank, it squirts it out onto the floor, scrubs with little whirly brushes, and sucks the dirty stuff up. 
The only problem is, in the last couple of years, my Floormate hasn't been squirting water out like it should.  Last year I took it down to our local vacuum repair place and they cleaned it and serviced it.  It worked better for awhile, but quickly reverted to its old ways.  I had to take the tank off, press the little button underneath and dribble water out onto the floor, then put it back.  I studied, and thought, and wondered, and finally decided maybe I should try buying a new tank.  Maybe the little valve on the bottom was just worn out or something.  The new tank arrived a couple of days ago and I tried it out today.  Weeha!  It worked like a charm, just like a new Floormate.  I used three tanks full of cleaning solution to do the huge family room floor, which is the first time I've actually scrubbed that floor with water and soap.  Marianne was here helping me, and she said "I can tell you are excited about that."

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Ben and I were just using our floor mate this morning! When we saw your picture Ben said "Aacuum!" (vacuum). He loves to vacuum and I love how well the floor mate works on our big tile great room. Hurray that yours is working now!

Sara said...

"like" :) Glad it's working!

Nan said...

I may need to get some info about this little contraption.