Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WW: Blessings

I've been thinking all week about things I'm grateful for so that I could put them in today's WW post.  It has been a really stressful and tough time in our family the last few weeks and little gains have been very much appreciated. 

Yesterday I got a big monkey off my back - I painted six doors, front and back, two coats.  I've been worried about those doors for about a year now, and no more will I worry!  There is still work to do to finish our basement, and the trim around the doors needs to be finished and painted (only four of them though), but we're making progress. 

Today I planted pink daffodils.  Deer LOVE tulips, and won't touch daffodils.  I thought I'd only be able to have spring flowers in yellow and white, but I'm so excited to discover pink daffodils!  Now I have to wait until spring.

Matthew had a good job interview yesterday and will have a follow up next week.

But, one really amazing thing that I have to mention today is that after two months stuck in a mine, they've been pulling miners out from two miles below the ground today in Chile.  I watched and cried with joy.

3 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

It is wonderful to watch people from different countries work together and accomplish happy news. I cried also.

Nan said...

Pink daffodils? Never heard of that. I'm excited to see what you get next year.

Sara said...

It was so amazing to watch the miners come out! I can't even begin to imagine 69 days a half mile under ground.