Sunday, September 26, 2010

WW: Canning OUTSIDE

This was last Wednesday's wonderful thing post.  Kristin and Axton and Sara joined Ben and I on Monday to can peaches.  But here's what made it even more wonderful:  I bought a camp chef double burner propane cooker that morning and we did all our processing out on the deck.  It kept the kitchen pleasant and cool.  The last two years the house has been so hot by the end of the day that the jars weren't sealing properly.  This time we only lost a couple of jars from our 80 quarts.  The other bonus is that you can cook two pots at once, and they cook even faster than in on the stove.   My parents also canned peaches the same day, same time on their glass cooktop stove and ended up cracking the top and having to buy a new stove.  I wish we could have shared my cooker.  I will enjoy using this for tomatoes (from my garden) this coming week.  



1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love that cooker--so cool! In more ways than one. :)