Sunday, September 19, 2010

Done!

I took my last Tamoxifen pill yesterday morning, so today I'm officially off of it after five years.  I had my mammogram last Monday, and they said that it was the last time I'd have to have extra pictures taken.   Then I got the news from my doctor that my pictures were all clean and good.   Five years.  That's a huge anniversary in the fight against breast cancer.  It feels WONDERFUL!

4 comments:

Granny D Fifield said...

It is a celebration for all of us!! Way to go!

Sara said...

HOORAY! :) Love ya Mom!

JoLynn said...

Happy Day!!! That deserves a cruise or something big doesn't it? I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!! Okay, I've tried to comment on this now three times since this post went live, I hope this one sticks. :-)

I'm SO excited for you and your family! Way to kick cancer's trash!! You are a warrior, and I'm so glad I know you. Thanks for being awesome, and teaching us young girls how to be awesome, and being an awesome mom... and just being awesome, wonderful YOU!

Here's to many more years of being a cancer-free superhero! We love you Sister Fifield!!!