Wednesday, July 7, 2010

WW: Wildflowers in my backyard

On Wednesdays, I post about something wonderful that I'm grateful for this week.  Today I'm grateful for a beautiful trail that I can walk to from my house.  

I took a walk on the Bonneville Shoreline trail this week and the wildflowers made me happy. 
This is Saddle Hill, view from just above my house.  If you read last Friday's hike post, you saw it from the other side.

The Sego lilies are blooming.  They close up at night, and I was walking early in the morning, so the pictures aren't really great, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Nan said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky. Or, maybe I should say, blessed, blessed, blessed.

Lisa said...

I like the pictures of the Sego Lilies! Cody told me why they're the Utah State flower--because the roots are edible, and were one of the few edible plants the pioneers could use when they arrived in the valley half starved.