Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WW: Cool nights

Hot summer days make my zucchini grow - FAST!  Those two little plants that just sat around most of the year have doubled in size and started setting fruit just in the last couple of hot weather weeks.  And, you should see my tomatoes!  They love the hot weather.  I love it too.  Of course hot weather makes the house hot.  I don't like running the air conditioner because the compressor is big and noisy and sits outside against the wall of my office.  The vent is at my feet under my desk which is wonderful when it's heat, but gives me cold toes when it's air conditioning.  So, I love that these hot days turn into cool nights when the sun goes down.  As soon as the temperature outside and inside are close to the same, the AC goes off and the windows come open.  Right now I'm at my desk in the office and it's dark outside.  I have the window open and fresh cool air is breezing in.  Ahhhh.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Definitely a perk of living in Logan or other dry weather areas. We've had a few very pleasant nights like that too. So good!

Nan said...

I was trying to figure out what hike you were on when you took this picture. It must be from your family reunion. Beautiful!