Wednesday, July 28, 2010

WW: Five Years

This week I'm celebrating five years cancer free.  Five years ago, I was told I had breast cancer.  The doctor called me the day before I was to fly to California and visit my parents on their mission.  So, I had to wait until I got back from my trip to get the rest of the information and diagnosis.  It was a scary week.  I still enjoyed being with my sisters and my parents, but I never really felt calm. 

My cancer doctor here says that I'll be able to go off the Tamoxifen later this summer.  When December rolls around, I can really say that the five years are up because that's when I finished treatments.  So on this "wonderful Wednesday" I'm grateful for five years.

2 comments:

JoLynn said...

I am so happy for you! My mom's 5 years of being cancer free will be up in January. Your comment on fb reminded to ask her for sure. I am so relieved to still have her in my life.

Granny D Fifield said...

We are very grateful too!