A couple of weeks ago, a male quartet calling themselves "A-Chords" came to our choir rehearsal and passed out fliers to advertise their "singing Valentine" fundraiser. I took a flier and called them the next day to arrange for them to sing for Bryce at his office. I then called and talked with the ladies in the office to let them in on the surprise and together we figured out a good fake appointment to put on his calendar. The appointment was this morning at 11:00. Later in the week, Bryce's administrative assistant Sharon sent me an email telling me that she had changed the appointment name to "Jeff S." I thought all was well.
Well, last night Bryce came home early from work, feeling sick. He told me that he probably would not go into work today. I'm going around and around in my head over what to do. Should I call the quartet and have them go somewhere else? Can they find our house? Should I have them change to another day? I finally decided to tell Bryce that his appointment at 11:00 was too important to miss, that he needed to go in. He took it very well, not even asking me why I should even know what that appointment was. He just agreed that yes, he would go in for just a short time today, and be there at 11:00.
Then this morning, he calls Sharon to let her know his plans. He tells her that he really does need to talk with Jeff S. And she tells him "Jeff is out of town." AAAAARGH! I think she totally forgot. So, the cat is out of the bag.
So this morning at 11:00, Bryce is in his office, working through a big problem with a couple of ladies at work when the four guys arrive to sing to him. They hand him this Hershey's Kiss bouquet and sing two love songs. He said he got all teary-eyed and turned to the ladies there and asked them how he would be able to top that one. They said he should go home and do something for me. He told them the house was already clean. They told him, "you're in big trouble then."
When I got home from my snowshoe adventure, there on the table is the bouquet of Hershey's kiss flowers, plus an envelope for me containing a very expensive and very nice gift. A full day at the spa. Whew! I love you Bryce!

3 comments:
wwwahhh, that is so cute. I'm so grateful my parents are so in love, even after 31 years. It gives me hope. And makes me all warm inside. Happy Valentine's day!
How incredible is that? What a great example you two are.
You guys are adorable. I love you!
Post a Comment