Sunday, February 14, 2010

A new adventure

Bryce was sustained today as 2nd Counselor in the University 8th Stake Presidency. 

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints will understand the weight of that statement.  To anyone reading who doesn't understand, I'll give a brief explanation. 

In our church, congregations are divided geographically into groups called "wards."  If the group is very small, it is called a "branch."  Wards are presided over by a Bishop, Branches by a Branch President.  Each of these men typically has two counselors to help him.
 
A Stake is made up of a group of about eight to ten wards and/or branches.  The leader of the Stake is the Stake President.  He has two counselors as well as a twelve man "high council."  A few months ago, Bryce was called to the University 8th Stake High Council and has been serving there.  Today he was released from that calling as he was given the new calling as a counselor to the Stake President. 

This is a great responsibility, a great challenge and a great honor.  We are excited, thrilled, and scared to death to take this on.  But, it will be a wonderful experience and the Lord is directing His church.  I know that Bryce will do great.  I'm behind him all the way.  And, I've written a whole bunch more in my journal if you care to read that.

No comments: