

Lisa and Kristin and I did peaches today - in a big way! We started at 8:00 this morning and did peaches all day. I just pulled the last few jars out of the canner at 9:00 tonight. When we went and bought the peaches last Thursday, I was figuring amounts based on my experience the last 12 years in Minot. There, we bought peaches in 20 pound boxes (called "lugs") that were shipped in from California. I found out that a half bushel is NOT the same as a lug. It's nearly twice as big. I wondered why it was costing so much for them. So, we ended up with 116 quarts. Wow. I guess that means we won't have to do so many next year. But, since Bryce and I cleaned out our food storage before we moved, we'll really enjoy these peaches this year. Lee and Axton were here too, and mostly had fun. Lee would have liked to help more. He was patient with us though. Granny D came and helped this morning, and that was a great help. Then she went home and did hers alone, but she said she only had a few.
Oh, by the way, Cody came for lunch and while he was here, finished getting our DirecTV hooked up. When Bryce got home, he hooked it into the stereo, so tonight we have XM radio through the speakers in our living room music room and bedroom. So cool!
1 comment:
WOW! That is really an amazing accomplishment.
Post a Comment