
Kathy and Doug are here today - just for this one day. So, we had everyone in the family together today. We had a great time! Here are some pictures from the day:
Here's the guest room, such as it is. I think we did pretty well getting a place ready for Kathy and Doug to stay. We don't have flooring yet, or baseboard, or casing around the doors, and the cabinet is not finished or painted, but a throw rug and some towels on the floor, plus a king sized air bed (thanks to my folks) worked just fine. Kathy and Doug said that they slept sideways on the bed though. They're both tall and thin, and it worked better that way.
Kathy and I walked on the Bonneville shoreline trail this morning. These are some views we saw.


Everyone enjoys just hanging out together. We had everyone here this evening for a great visit and tasty family dinner.
I took two pictures of everyone at the table, and Matthew managed to hide behind the pepper grinder both times.
After dinner, we had a very special event. We all knelt in prayer, and Bryce dedicated our new home. In his prayer, he asked that our home be a haven for our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren to come to. I guess we'll be here awhile - which is fine by me. Have I mentioned before how much I love my house?
It has been a fantastic day. I'm so grateful to have my children near enough that we can do this. I keep thinking that in a day or two, I'll have to drive about a thousand miles, but no, I'll be sleeping in my own bed tonight.
This turned out to be a rather random post. Sorry about my mind's meanderings.






6 comments:
How fun to have the family all together! I'm sure that doesn't happen too often! Congrats on the new grand baby. She is so cute.
Thanks for sharing. What a special event!
it looks like we planned to all wear pink or red shirts, but really we didn't! :)
LOL Sara, I was just thinking that you'd planned matching shirts for Christmas Cards!
I liked your random musings. It sounds like you are just chatting with us and what a wonderfully delightful thought that someday Lee (and the rest of those cute grandkids) are going to be bringing the next generation to visit. Sunday Dinners 2030?
Double LOL, because that's the first thing I noticed too when looking at the pictures. HA!
Congats on the new baby, she's beautiful! I hope Lisa's doing well. Everyone looks so happy!
Post a Comment