Sunday, September 21, 2008

My new calling

As we were getting ready to leave ND, one of my big worries was that we would be needed in our ward in Logan. We've always been needed in the far-flung places that we've lived. Three months have gone by, and no calling. I've been worried, but tried to be patient. Finally today, the calling came.

Ward Choir Director

Now here's the funny part. Kathy was just called as ward choir director in her ward in California a few weeks ago. She wrote about it on her blog. I have many of the same concerns and questions except that I have had this experience before, so I know what I'm getting into. Bryce and I have been singing with our ward choir so I know a little bit about who will come and sing. One thing I know is that our men outnumber our women almost every week. Now that's unusual! This will be a challenge, and I'd also love some advice and comments. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Cody said...

Good Luck!

Jerusha said...

I am the WCD too! Our men can outnumber the women occasionally too but my hardest part is getting the same people to come each week instead of different ones. I started with a simple- from the hymn book song so no one was intimidated, then moved on to arrangements only to find out that half the men don't read any music--go figure eh! Good Luck!

Shelly said...

Laurie,
You will do great. We miss you guys!

Lisa said...

Ha, like we could give you advice :) (other than cinnamon twists, of course). Good luck, I know you'll nail it!

Karin said...

Woo woo - now that was worth the wait!

You'll be fabulous!!!

The Schooley's said...

Ok, seriously, could there be a more perfect calling for you?? YOu are goign to ROCK. Pardon the pun. Grin. Yeay!! Mo-tab, look out!!