Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mail!

Today, for the first time since we moved to Logan, I picked up the mail from my own mailbox. This is big news because it has been a battle to reach this point. We've been driving to the post office daily for three months and waiting in line there. We knew that we would be pioneers here in this new development, but hopefully the other basic standards of life won't be this difficult to come by. The developer and the post office have been having a battle, or I should say, the developer's agent who lives next door (my parents nicknamed him Oompa Loompa) has been having a battle with the manager at the post office. Finally they've reached an agreement. We have really ugly temporary mailboxes right now, and they've been up but unused for the past several weeks. Later (how much later is the big question) we've been promised a locking cluster box that will hold mail for six homes and will be "encased in stone" (quote by OL). He says that there will also be solar powered LCD street lights and other really cool things. I love the idea, but I want to actually see it appear! Meanwhile, hooray for mail!

Now, for Sue and all of the rest of you who are curious, here's our delightfully wonderful mailboxes! Aren't they the most beautiful thing in the world - certainly worth waiting three months for, right? (I'm being sarcastic)

3 comments:

Sue said...

Hooray! I was going to ask why you didn't have a picture of it, but further reading reaveals that it is not picture worthy. Maybe when you get your stone encased cluster box.

Laurie HF said...

I was planning to put up a picture, but had to get a minute to walk back up there and take it. So, now I've posted pictures. Ha.

Sue said...

Ah, Thank You Very Much! :-)

It really seems like a very simple solution to a whole lot of overcomplicated nonsense. No?