Thursday, August 14, 2008

We're in heaven!



Oh man, yesterday apricots, and today raspberries! My mom has a friend who grows these luscious beauties in Bear Lake and we were able to buy them at the wholesale price. Yes, that's still expensive ($22.00 for a box) but in Bear Lake they'd be $30.00, and I figure at the price we'd pay in the grocery store for those tiny little cups, it would be at least twice that much money. Sara and I washed enough berries to fill my twelve dehydrator trays to put in the freezer. When they're frozen, I'll take them off the trays and bag them. We washed and bagged up some to give away to family and the rest are in the fridge waiting to be eaten in a bowl with sugar and cream, in raspberry milkshakes, on shortcake, in smoothies . . . I hope we don't get belly aches, but what a way to go!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I hope (I think) I'm included in the "bagged for family" category...that looks so good, it makes my mouth water. :)

Kathy said...

OOOhhhhaahahhhoooo.... Yum!

Sue said...

Those berries were really yummy! Pretty picture too.