
I've been keeping a food preservation log since 1981. I checked this morning, and the last time I was able to do apricots was 1995. When we lived in Moscow, Idaho, we had to get our fruit from Spokane or a fruit stand thirty miles south in Lewiston/Clarkston. Here in Utah we have apricots! Tasty, sweet, easy to pit, bright orange lovely little fruits. Last week Bryce brought me home about twenty pounds and last night when he came through the canyon from Salt Lake City, he picked up another 40 to share between us and my parents. What a great treat! So, last night I put apricots in the freezer and today I'm making apricot jam. Last week I dehydrated some and made some fruit rollups (they were sort of a bust, but delicious anyway) and last night we had an apricot cobbler for dessert. I LOVE APRICOTS!
No comments:
Post a Comment