Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bathroom Tile

The projects never end, and sometimes don't even seem to move along, but we made some good progress this weekend. Thanks to Bryce's wonderful nephew BJ, we were able to get the tile done around the bathtub and on the floor in our basement bathroom. We're getting closer to being able to have guests!

I am more grateful than words can say that we were able to have BJ here to do this. The tile has been a worry in my mind since we moved in. Bryce would mention something about me doing the tile, and I’d get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I looked on the Internet for instructions, and it looked like a lot more than I would be able to do alone. Bryce and I went with BJ first to buy the tile and materials, and even there we needed someone who knew what to do. We helped him load in the materials and tools (he borrowed equipment from a friend in town that does tile work.)

BJ was the expert on this project, but Bryce and Cody both had fun learning some new tile skills. The pink on the walls is a special water proofing coat.















Bryce is using the "wet saw" above, and BJ and Cody are working below.











Next came the floor.



And the last thing was the grout. I'm sorry to say that BJ had to do that all by himself. But I did enjoy sitting with Amber and helping her cut up some things she'd had laminated. (For her school class.) Thanks again BJ! It looks amazing, and I am SOOO relieved!



No comments: