Thursday, August 28, 2008

Grandsons!

I am so blessed! I know from experience how difficult it is to live far away from family, and now I live in the same town as my two grandsons. I often have to stop and tell myself that I really do live here, and that we're not just on vacation and planning to head back in a few days. Both of my grandsons came to visit me today. Lee and I snapped beans, and washed them in the sink. Lee loved swishing the beans around in the water and moving them to the next sink. He said "thank you" whenever I gave him a bean to snap, and "hard" when he had a little trouble with a particularly tough one. Axton and I played the piano together. (I wonder if he has done that before?) He had fun pounding on the keys. He likes pounding on things with his hands. Axton is also pretty good at holding a ball with his feet and hands, as you can see here. Oh, and today was the first day of school in Minot. I'm not at work today. That's strange to think of, but is also a great blessing. I can't imagine how I'd get everything accomplished if I was working.

4 comments:

Jerusha said...

I feel the same way except from the mom perspective, I am very grateful to live close to my parents and my in laws so that my kids can grow up with them near, as I did with my grandparents. The 1st day of school started out a mere 50 degree's but ended nicely in upper 60's.

Lisa said...

What cute pictures of both kids! I'm also glad for modern technology that will help us stay close with Kathy and their baby, even if we can't live close by. Lee likes beans.

The Schooley's said...

Soooo cute!! I am so glad you get to "bond" with your boys. How fun!! They are adorable!

Tubbs Family said...

They're lucky to have a Grandma like you. I always loved the time I had with my Grandparents. It really is a different, special bond that is often taken for granted. Even though my grandparents passed away, I still have fond memories with them and know they had a big part in who I am today. It will be the same for them!