Friday, June 19, 2009

Wind Caves

It's Friday again - hiking day! We're still trying to think of a good name for our hiking group, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know. Today there were only three of us: Tracii, Nancy and I. Our Stake Young Men and Young Women "Trek" is on this weekend and some of our group were doing that instead. Our hike leader, Nan, was one of them. So, a few of us went back to a hike that the group did previously. I missed this one and wanted to do it. It's the hike that Sara and Eric did just before school let out for the summer. The hike to the wind caves actually shares part of the trail with the "Preston Valley" hike we did two weeks ago over the mountain, but it's much shorter and easier. We did the hike today in under three hours. This is a popular hike too, as we passed quite a few other people coming up when we were going back down.
Nancy and I in the cave.



I wonder how this tree can grow when there's nothing underneath?
Tracii and Nancy on top (we actually didn't walk on that little bridge, but it looks like we did!)












No comments: