Wednesday, November 5, 2008
We're getting carpet today!
I'm so excited! The carpet guys are downstairs in the guest room. When we bought this house, we decided to add three rooms to the unfinished basement - a guest room, bathroom and a library for Bryce. For some idiotic reason, we had a notion that we'd be able to get the bedroom and bathroom ready for Sara to live in, that she could "camp" there for a few weeks and in the process of moving in, we'd be able to get the rooms done. Wow, we were very naive. There's so much more to do than we thought about: primer, window sill, hang doors, build cabinets and shelves, install casing around doors and baseboard on floors, spackle, caulk, paint, paint again. In the bathroom, there was tile to do also, and installation of fixtures and a cabinet. Some of this we've had to hire out, but we've done a lot of it ourselves. Monday I painted for eight hours. Now we've lived here for almost five months (amazing!) and the rooms are finally getting the last part done today. Later this week or weekend we'll be able to move in the furniture. We have a murphy bed that has been leaning up against the wall in the family room, ready to hang, plus a couple of oak bookcases that are still empty and shelf-less. With the new closet and cabinet and the bookcases, I'll be able to unpack my picture albums, craft supplies, all kinds of stuff! I'll post pictures later, when they're finished, but here's what the room looked like this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeay!! We love carpet!!
Wow, look at your great work! How exciting to be so close to finished.
I think I'll come up on Saturday and see it. :D I can do that, you know!
woo hoo! maybe I can live there over Christmas break! :) although, my apartment isn't to far away either. woot woot! :D
Post a Comment