Thursday, November 13, 2008

Reactions to the clubhouse

Over the past several days (nearly a week), we've been painting the mural in the clubhouse. This is mostly Lisa's doing, but all the women in the family had a hand in the work, if only just advice from afar. Many of the items that are painted into the project have special meaning to our family - "private jokes" you might say. "Rambo Duck," the Frenchman on the castle, and "I do not like that hat."

Here's some reactions to the finished project. (Actually not quite finished, we're going to add grass shaped baseboard). Bryce was out of town during all the painting.






And here's some detail.


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for posting Dad's reaction--it was exactly what I'd hoped for. I'm glad you like it, and that it turned out so well. It was a blast to do!

Lynea said...

Oh, I love it. I want a room like that when I grow up!

Jerusha said...

Wow! Looks amazing. So talented.

Granny D Fifield said...

What a rich bank of fun family memories wrapped up in one tiny room.