Sunday, November 2, 2008

Welcome Annalisa Karin

Our granddaughter received her name and a Priesthood blessing today. Annalisa Karin was blessed by her father Cody. What a blessing to me to be able to be here close by so that we could participate in this great day. Anna wore the dress that her mother and Aunt Kathy and Aunt Sara were blessed in. She also wore beaded socks made by Aunt Sara and was wrapped in the white afghan her Aunt Kathy crocheted. Here are a few pictures of the wonderful day.

Here's Anna's family.

And this four generations of Anna's family (even though Anna wasn't too happy in this picture.) Anna, her mom Lisa, me, and my mom Beth.


What a great blessing to have grandchildren and to live near enough to be able to get to know them! I didn't know what I was missing last year. The Lord has truly blessed our family.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute, cute pictures. I love it.

Sue said...

Awww, look how cute she is. What a wonderful tradition her blessing dress has. Is the dress now Lisa's or is it being saved for all granddaughters?

Laurie HF said...

The dress (and the little boy outfit that Lee wore) belong to the grandparents and are loaned out.

Kim said...

I cried a few tears as I looked at pics and was reading through. I remember how special the blessing of all our daughters was. Such little blessings from heaven! She is darling and what a neat thing to have her blessed in the same dress as her mom! I can't believe how white it still is! It sounds like it was a great day! We really wanted to be there, but I was already committed to teach in YW. Our thoughts were sure with you!